Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hitchcock's The Birds + Mattel's Barbie = This

Part of my day job is reviewing and adding items to my employer's web site. This particular item really made my month, because it shouldn't exist. When you think of collectible dolls based on licensed properties, perhaps you think of Cher, or Grease, or perhaps even Supergirl. You don't think of Alfred Hitchcock's 1963 horror classic The Birds, but apparently someone at Mattel did and will no doubt reap the benefits of an entirely new audience of Barbie collectors. I mean, I don't do dolls at all and I can't help but be delighted by this image of Barbie being attacked by three black birds.

It's entirely possible this may have something to do with the Michael Bay produced 2009 remake supposedly staring Naomi Watts, but we really hope not.

No comments: