Monday, August 31, 2009

I write a lot.

Just not here. I've been cranking out stuff for about 14 years, which is pretty good for someone that spends most of his time thinking about small plastic men and old video games. I added another one to the roster officially last week, which is a lot of fun. So if for some reason you stumbled on this, here's where you can find more of my stuff that's active. And this is stuff outside my day job. (One of my High School teachers once insulted a chatty student with the phrase "Do you ever have an unexpressed thought?" I think that phrase now applies to me.)

16bit.com - Originally launched as a video game site, it has since morphed into games and licensed toys and stuff I think you should know about that isn't Star Wars. I write pretty much 100% of it, unless otherwise noted. Am waffling about adding more comic books or music to the mix.
Comedy Is Dead - Comedy blog, I write for it as well as two good friends from college, Zac and Shaun. The name refers to an in-joke of another comedy group from the University of Arizona which propriety prevents me from sharing here.
Galactic Hunter - Originally launched as a video game site, it has since morphed into games and licensed toys and stuff I think you should know about that isn't Star Wars. I do the Q&A, Figure of the Day, and random news updates.
Playmoblog - the only English-language Playmobil blog I know of, updated sparsely.
Topless Robot - this is a new one, I only contribute. Just search on my name to see what I've posted so far. I wrote two more submissions in the past few days, and two are up so far. One is on novelty songs, the other on McFarlane Toys.

And as far as social media stuff that I'll actually tell other people about (other than here)...

Twitter and Flickr. Warning/guarantee: it's pretty much all about toys.

Selected things I no longer do: Adam's Star Wars Newsletter (tyrant), go figure! magazine (columnist), HoloCroN/AOL Star Wars Fan Club (toy contributor), Auction Universe (freelance), ToyFare (freelance), Anime News Network (freelance, toys), Rebelscum (contributor), Fandom Menace (contributor), Yakface.com (contributor/schmuck-in-chief), JediNet (toys, collecting page)... I'm forgetting a few.

There's some other stuff I'd like to do but putting it all out in black and white like that makes it seem unlikely that I'll do it.

No comments: